Thursday, September 1, 2011

.



Dear Hendrix,

I posted a very sweet picture of you from a year ago on my instagram and someone made the comment that "it must be hard to watch your baby grow up".

*sigh*

It is. It so so so is. I don't know why but I couldn't get that sentence out of my head today. Maybe because your second birthday is looming up ahead. I can see it on the horizon. I'm not feeling ready for you to hit another birthday yet. It seems like just yesterday I was complaining to your father that you were turning 7 days old...a full week! I was sad to see the time where I could say "he's so and so many days old" slip from my grasp.



Don't get me wrong, I love watching you learn and propel forward at such great speed but lately I just want to pause time. I hate that I can never go back and at the same time I do not want to. I have never experienced such conflicting emotions before.



I really enjoy playing with you lately. There is a lot of give and take in our relationship and I feel like I am really getting to know you. 


You are positively fascinating, did you know that?  I love watching you.

G'night Little One,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. This post is so sweet and I can totally relate. My daughter turned one in June and I still can't get over it. "I hate that I can never go back and at the same time I do not want to." So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a breathtaking post. So perfect.

    ReplyDelete